Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cupcake Tower Tutorial

Cupcake towers are the perfect accessory for every wedding. They showcase your beautiful cupcakes and pastries, and bring flare to every dessert table! But when I was planning my wedding, I found they were really overpriced, and decided to make my own! It's incredibly easy to do!

Materials Needed:
  • 4 Round Cardboard Cake Circles in various sizes (These can be found at a bakery supply shop or party store)
  • Lace enough to fit around each circle allow for a little x-tra.
  •  6 Margarita or small wine Glasses ,depending on the size of your tower.  (I got mine at a thrift store!)
  • A measuring tape
  • A hot glue gun
  • Wooden circles or styrofoam
It is relatively self-explanatory. First, You hot glue lace around the edges of the Cardboard Cake Circles. Then, place wine glasses upside down to support the tiers, and hot glue them in place! Make sure you glue them down well so your stand is strong! You can also place something underneath to lift and support your stand. I used 4 wooden circles I purchased at a local craft store. Then place your cupcakes on your stand, and you're all done!

Photos taken by Andrew Morse 
http://asmphoto.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment